Over the years, Vanguard has driven to develop a versatile and intuitive tripod that is suitable for any style of photographer, from macro to landscapes.
Building on over 30 years design and manufacturing experience, and a multi-million $ investment in new factory, machinery, materials and training over the last three years, Vanguard is delighted to deliver the NEW VEO 3+ Collection - our most versatile tripod - ever!
Image: Reproduced with permission from Camera Jabber
Looking at the features in more detail...
Multi-Angle Central Column (MACC):
The Multi-Angle Central Column (or MACC) on the new VEO 3+ Tripods allows the central column to be moved almost 360° in any direction in seconds. Combined with the innovative push button leg lock and three easy set leg angles (23°, 50° and 80°), this allows this tripod to transition from a macro setting down low, to a landscape setting up over 1.7m tall in around 30-45 seconds.
The locking system is simple and intuitive and, thanks to the precision of the CNC production, delivers a solid and stable base that is leading edge at it’s price position.
As if the versatility of the Multi-Angle Central Column wasn’t enough, we have designed the it to double up as a Multi-Mount using the VEO MA-1 which is included free.
This allows you to attach additional kit to make the most of your photo-shoot, such as a microphone or lighting unit.
The central column also includes a scale that, combined with the other degree markings on the tripod, allows you to replicate shots over time
Leg That Converts To A Monopod:
For those times when you don’t need the full tripod, simply remove the marked tripod leg and central column, and screw the two together for a monopod that extends to over 1.8m
Solid, Easy Clean Leg Locks:
VEO 3+ Tripods come with ergonomic half-turn twist locks to unlock/lock the legs in seconds, allowing the tripod to be deployed/stowed rapidly and silently. Despite this speed, the leg locks combine with the premium 26mm diameter tubes to deliver a stable and solid base that extends over 1.7m for any shot.
To support the trend for beach photography, where the extra seconds of exposure a tripod can deliver can create stunning effects, VEO 3+ Tripods include easy clean leg locks.
To maximise the life of the tripod from the corrosive nature of sand and sea, simply:
A Premium, High Quality Shoulder Bag:
It’s rare that a tripod bag is more than a passing mention in a product description, but the tripod bag designed specifically for the VEO 3+ Collection demonstrates the attention to detail by the Vanguard design team.
This padded shoulder bag is designed to keep you tripod safe with full zip access and an internal zip up pocket for accessories. With two carry handles and the adjustable shoulder strap, this high quality tripod bag makes it easy and comfortable to carry the VEO 3+ Tripod, wherever you’re exploring.
The equivalent of this tripod bag, if bought separately, is the Alta Action 80 with an RRP of £49.99.
And That’s Not All:
In addition to these key features, VEO 3+ Tripods include:
- A choice of Arca compatible ball head or an innovative 3-way pan head:
- The VEO BH-160 Ball Head offers an incredibly firm grip that can handle pro-level kit up to 15kg. The locking knob for the main ball joint and the separate pan-lock are machined from solid aluminium to be both stylish and easy to use, even in cold wet conditions where gloves are needed.
- The innovative VEO 2 PH-38 3-Way Pan Head allows the top handle to rotate to 90°, 180°, 270° and back to the starting position. This allows the photographer to choose the most comfortable setting for their shot. Whether a left handed photographer, a photographer creating video with their camera, or just because there’s an obstacle that’s preventing them from framing the perfect shot because the handle’s sticking out, the VEO 2 PH-38 rotating top handle can support you.
- Rubber feet that can be removed to attach spiked feet (provided) for use outdoors
- A retractable and removable hook at the base of the central column for attaching additional weight to add additional stability when needed
- The tripod canopy includes a 3/8” thread for an additional support arm to be attached (not provided), that then allows access to a further accessories to be attached to the tripod to maximise your shot
- A thread that converts from 3/8” to 1/4” by simply unlocking the set screw, turning the thread over and tightening the set screw, ensuring any tripod head will fit
- The leg angle movement and the Multi-Angle Central Column lock are all easy to adjust, to ensure that you can tailor the movement to your particular requirements, and keep it that way over the life of the tripod
As a result, this innovative design, partnered with leading manufacturing techniques, delivers an experience that allows any photographer to explore their world with confidence.
Here's a demo video by the team:
Here’s What Vanguard Pro Mike Moats of Macro Photography Geeks Thinks:
As reviews come in, we'll be adding links here:
- 4.5 star review of the VEO 3+ 263AB by Camera Jabber
- Video review of the VEO 3+ 263AB by Vanguard Pro and professional macro photographer Mike Moats
- Review of the VEO 3+ 263AB by Vanguard Pro Jamie MacDonald
- Review of the VEO 3+ 263AB by Vanguard Pro Finding The Universe
Comparing the VEO 3+ to the Alta Pro:
The VEO 3+ Collection is the culmination of several years of development, starting with the original Alta Pro, before the award winning Alta Pro 2+ launched in 2017. Below is a simple table to explain the key differences:
Below is the brand video of the VEO 3+:
For any questions or clarification, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org