As part of our aim to try to do things differently, Vanguard were delighted to be a sponsor of the Virtual Photography Show 2020.
The virtual show took place on 20th and 21st September, with many major brands offering an opportunity to see new products and get access to exclusive deals, safely from the comfort of your own home.
Save 20% with Code: VGDTPS20
At Vanguard, we're delighted to support this with the opportunity for you to SAVE 20% on any Vanguard product (including promotional products) on our website this weekend and until midnight on 23rd September 2020. Simply select your products and enter VGDTPS20 when asked for a discount code. To maximise your choice, this code can also be used on our show retail partners websites - WEX and Cameraworld.
Find out more about Vanguard
To help you make the right decision, we also tried to deliver the closest personalised experience that we can, and that we usually offer at the Birmingham NEC, with product demonstrations of key models and live Q&As through Facebook Live events on our Facebook Page.
For example, we used the show to launch our most versatile tripod ever - the new VEO 3+ - with a demonstration video of the new tripods produced specifically for the show, along with the opportunity to ask questions in the comments box that we will endeavour to answer as they come in.
The demonstration videos alone can all be seen on our YouTube channel, along with other branded videos.
The program of events was (links to the Facebook Live sessions can be found below the program):
To take part, visitors could simply visit our Facebook Page at the relevant time and watch/ask any questions. For those who couldn't make the time, or are reading now, the live session will remain on Facebook for you to come back to at a time that is more convenient.
Here are links to the completed Facebook Live sessions:
Sunday 20th September:
- Who are Vanguard? - Click here
- What to look for in a tripod? - Click here
- Meet the new VEO 3+ Ultra-Versatile Tripod - Click here
- Meet the new VEO 3GO - Click here
- Meet the VEO 2S Monopods with Tri-feet - Click here
- Meet the new VESTA no frills range - Click here
- Meet the Supreme waterproof cases - Click here
- What to look for in a bag? - Click here
- Meet the pro-level Alta Sky - Click here
- Meet the Roller Bags from Vanguard - Alta Fly & VEO Select - Click here
- Meet the new VEO Select backpacks in four different styles - Click here
- Meet the new VEO Range T tactical style backpacks - Click here
- See an overview on Vanguard's shoulder bags - Click here
- See some of Vanguard's Accessories and the wrap up - Click here
Our Vanguard Ambassadors were involved too
In addition, three Vanguard Ambassadors will be presenting on stages at The Photography Show:
- Caron Steele started photography just five years ago, with a passion for wildlife, culminating in winning the 2019 Bird Photographer of the Year Award and the 2019 Amateur Photographer of the Year Award. Here Caron will describe her personal photography journey, sharing the learnings and techniques for bird and wildlife photography that took her from being a complete novice to an award winning photographer.
- Laurence Norah is a successful travel blogger with over a million Facebook followers. Here Laurence shares his tips for taking better travel photographs.
- Nick Heinimann taught himself the art of photography and has already established his own style and built a strong following on Instagram. His primary focus is travel photography, photographing places like Switzerland across to America.
To round off
With Covid-19 not going anywhere and the accelerated trend to online, virtual shows are likely to become more common. As such, the show was a huge learning experience for us, and allowed us to try out some new ideas, as well as launch the new VEO 3+ in a more innovative manner. Over the course of the show, the VEO 3+ Facebook Live session was watched over 800 times, and remains live to continue to build views and help you #MakeUpYourOwnMind if the product is right for you.
We'll be taking some of these learnings and trying a few new things in the coming months, so watch this space :-)