The 8x42 Endeavor ED II Binocular features HOYA Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass and phase-corrected BaK4 prisms that work together to virtually eliminate chromatic aberration, which produces images with true colour fidelity across the entire field of view and enhanced contrast. Complimenting the glass and prisms are anti-reflection fully multicoated optics that improves light transmission for bright and clear images, with greater low-light performance.
An open-bridge design helps to reduce weight without sacrificing strength, and provides a large surface area to hold. Pebbled rubber armoring helps to give protection from drops and impacts while helping to provide a non-slip grip. Designed for durability, the lightweight magnesium-alloy housing is nitrogen-filled and o-ring sealed for waterproof and fogproof performance, while the 3-stage click-stop twist-up eyecups provide a custom-fit eye relief for use with or without eye-wear.
The Endeavor ED II also includes a lockable dioptre which means that the binoculars are not knocked out of focus in use, or when being put away, allowing you to get that perfect focus fast.
- Optical Performance
- 8x magnification
- 42mm objective lens diameter
- HOYA extra-low dispersion (ED) lenses virtually eliminates chromatic aberration for true color transmission across the entire field of view
- Phase-corrected BaK4 prisms provides improved light reflection, high-contrast, and true color fidelity
- Anti-reflection fully multicoated optics enhances low-light performance
- 57.6° apparent field of view
- 377ft field of view at 1,000 yd or 126m field of view per 1,000m
- Near focus of less than 2.0m
- Use and Handling
- Knurled center focus wheel
- Open-bridge design reduces weight and provides a more comfortable grip
- 3-stage click-stop twist-up eyecups for use with or without eye-wear
- Right-eye locking dioptre adjustment to prevent the focus being knocked out by accident
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter
- Construction Details
- Durable magnesium-alloy housing
- Nitrogen-filled and o-ring sealed for water and fogproof performance
- Pebbled rubberized protective housing armor
- Flip-down tethered objective lens covers