As we come to the end of a turbulent year, we have Christmas on the horizon to look forward to, so we need to start getting some gift ideas lined up.
Whether it’s to add to your list, or to buy for a loved one, a huge challenge is what to buy! To try to help and share a little inspiration and give you time to check them out, here we suggest a few models to consider for every budget:
Gift Ideas Under £50:
- Alta Battery Case: The Alta Battery Case starts at just £12.99 and is a perfect accessory to help organise your gear in your bag and streamline your workflow in the field
- Add stability to any tripod: For just £19.99 the Alta Stone Bag fits to the legs of any tripod to allow you to add weight and ensure maximum stability. Alternatively, it can be used as a working shelf in the field to keep your lens caps and filters handy.
- Alta Rain Covers: Why ruin a carefully planned trip because of rain? As they say in Norway, there’s no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong kit. Starting at just £19.99, why not add a lightweight and compact Alta Rain Cover to your collection?
- BA-185 Binocular Tripod Adaptor: If you’re using your binoculars over an extended period from one spot, such as a bird hide, why not consider resting them on a tripod with the BA-185 from Vanguard at just £19.99?
- Alta Water Resistant Bags: If you’re looking to protect a mirrorless/DSLR camera, or a compact camera from water, then check out these bags from Vanguard. Not tested to IP standards, but fully seam sealed and with a roll top design found in most waterproof bags, these bags start at just £29.99.
- VESTA TT1 Table Tripods with Smartphone Adaptor: These lightweight aluminium table tripods can take a camera kit up to 2kg and also include a universal adaptor for any smartphone up to 87mm wide. So whether for photography with your camera/smartphone, making that Zoom call easier while working from home or just as a platform while you watch YouTube, check out the VESTA TT1 for just £29.99.
- Small Retro Style Shoulder Bag: The VEO Range 21M is available in a choice of stone or blue and can fit a mirrorless/DSLR camera and up to two lenses. It’s also Vanguard’s smallest shoulder bag that can carry a travel tripod in the two front straps for just £34.99.
- Universal PA-65 Smartphone Digiscope Adaptor: While digiscoping will never replace a powerful camera lens, it can be a bit of fun and deliver some different perspectives. Alternatively, if you’re a keen birder, it’s a great way of documenting what you’ve seen. The PA-65 is designed to work on any spotting scope and with any smartphone up to 90mm wide for just £49.99.
- Backpack/Sling for Left/Right-handed Photographers: At £49.99, the VEO Discover 42 is a compact and lightweight backpack that fits a mirrorless/DSLR camera and up to three lenses with a top daypack section. It can carry a travel tripod, converts to a sling in seconds, and has the choice of left/right-handed side access. It also easily converts to a simple long lens backpack for a body and up to a 150-600mm lens.
- VEO GO 34M Shoulder Bags: Lightweight and compact shoulder bags that are designed for mirrorless cameras or smaller DSLR cameras, and an additional three lenses for just £49.99. What makes this shoulder bag stand out from the crowd though, is the internal tripod compartment for a VEO 2GO or VEO 3GO travel tripod that folds down to 33cm. Alternatively it can be used to carry a longer lens, a water bottle or even a small drone.
Gift Ideas £50-£100:
- Alta Rise Sling/Backpacks: From just £69.99 these stylish and feature packed bags offer unrivalled value for money with the ability to carry a significant level of kit, a top daypack section, side access, an ability to expand by 6cm, a tripod holder (backpacks only) and up to a 15” laptop.
- Shoot or observe from the comfort of your own car: For just £79.99, the Vanguard VEO window mounts come with Arca compatible heads that allow you to attach your kit with ease and you never need to leave the comfort of your car – the heated seats, the radio and more.
- Monocular and Smartphone Digiscoping Kit: While digiscoping will never replace a powerful camera lens, it can be a bit of fun and deliver some different perspectives. Alternatively, if you’re a keen birder, it’s a great way of documenting what you’ve seen. The VESTA 8320M incudes an 8x32 monocular with a PA-10 adaptor designed to hold any smartphone up to 87mm wide and a Bluetooth remote control for IOS/Android for just £79.99
- Monopod with Tri-Feet: Starting from £69.99 the VEO 2S monopods are ideal for situations where you need more stability than a traditional monopod, but don’t have the space to set up a tripod, such as concerts or sporting events.
- VESTA TB Travel Tripods: These no frills, stable travel tripods fold to 37.5cm and hold up to 4.5kg on an Arca compatible head, but deliver great value for money, starting at just £79.99.
- Backpack that converts to a Shoulder Bag: The VEO Select 41 is a small, stylish and comfortable backpack that can fit a mirrorless/DSLR with lens attached, 6-8 extra lenses, a 13” laptop and a tripod. When needed, it can be quickly converted to a shoulder bag. All this for just £99.99.
Gift Ideas £100-£200:
- Versatile Tactical Style Backpacks: The VEO Range “T” Series is a versatile backpack that is designed to carry a large load in comfort, with external webbing to attach any extras you need for your trip. Starting at £99.99 these are available in 3 sizes and three colours.
- VEO 3GO Travel Tripods: Manufactured with CNC technology for the best possible quality, these tripods fold down to as little as 33cm and weigh as little as 820g. Despite the portability they pack a punch with a load capacity of up to 10kg, extending up to 166cm, an Arca compatible head and a universal smartphone connector to deliver the ultimate blend of portability and performance, starting from just £109.99
- VEO SELECT 42T Roller Case: Know someone that struggles to carry a backpack or shoulder bag but doesn’t need a large roller case? The VEO SELECT 42T is a pilot style roller case (with shoulder strap option) that gives them the ideal solution and which can carry 1-2 bodies, 7-8 lenses, a tablet etc. The interior is fully customisable or even removable though, so you can mix kit and personal items as you wish. Available in black or green for just £179.99
- Ultra-Tough Waterproof Cases: The Supreme Case Series is waterproof to 5m and can withstand 120kg of external force. Available with a choice of foam or removable divider bag, the Supreme Case can fit up to 17 pro bodies/lenses. With the Automatic Air Equalisation Valve, these cases will protect your kit wherever you travel.
- VESTA 8/10x42 Binoculars: Weighing just 600g and costing just £129.99, these super-light waterproof and fog proof binoculars are great for everyday use.
- Alta Pro Original Tripods: For those looking for a full sized tripod with a multi-angle central column that doesn’t cost the earth, then you’ll struggle to get better value for money than the original Alta Pro Series starting at just £129.99.
- VEO ED Binoculars: For £199.99 the new VEO ED binoculars introduce Extra Low Dispersion (ED) Glass and a carbon composite body in a lightweight pair of binoculars weighing just 640g.
Gift Ideas £200+:
- Alta Sky Pro-Level Backpacks: Designed to protect large loads of pro-level kit and carry it over longer distances in comfort, the Alta Sky is one of our best award winning backpacks and starts at £199.99.
- Our most versatile and easy to use tripod ever: Manufactured with CNC technology the new VEO 3+ delivers a step change in quality with a maximum load capacity of up to 15kg (though we have stood on it and it has easily coped as you can see here!). Amongst the key features, it includes a multi-angle central column that moves almost 360° in any direction and converts into a multi-mount, and a tripod leg that converts into a full size monopod. Starting at £229.99 this tripod stands out against any competition.
- VEO Select 59T Roller Case/Backpack: This hand luggage compatible bag is designed to carry a pro-level outfit that could include 2-3 pro DSLR/mirrorless cameras with grip(s), 8-10 lenses (up to 400mm f/2.8), a flash unit, a 17" laptop and a tripod. With two large wheels and a double bar handle it’s easy to roll, but can convert to a backpack in seconds to cover rougher terrain.
- VEO HD Spotting Scope: With a carbon composite body and Extra Low Dispersion (ED) Glass, the new VEO HD Spotting Scope is a stylish, lightweight solution that is perfect for birders. Available with a 60mm or 80mm objective lens, prices start at £299.99.
- VEO HD2 Binoculars: With a carbon composite body and HOYA Extra Low Dispersion (ED) Glass, the new VEO HD2 binoculars offer a clarity that is second to none, in an innovative new body that is lighter than aluminium, but 20% stronger. Available in 8x42 or 10x42 for £349.99.
We hope that’s been of use. Now why not pop to your local dealer or www.vanguardworld.co.uk and #MakeUpYourOwnMind, then you can sit back and enjoy your Christmas.