Autumn is many photographers favourite time of year, so with this in mind we are looking to run an Autumn photography competition.
As well as the "glory" of winning and having your photo shared across our social media, possibly globally, we will offer:
- 1st place a £100 voucher
- 2nd place a £50 voucher
- 3rd place a £25 voucher
These can be redeemed for any product(s) on www.vanguardworld.co.uk any time before 31st December 2020.
How Will It Work?
Just share an Autumn themed photo that you've taken or worked on between 19th September and 31st October 2020 and share it with us @VanguardPhotoUK or @VanguardNature with the tag #VanguardAutumn in the text and a few words about the photo/project.
The "few words" are important as they will be used in the judging process.
To share your entry:
- On Facebook just add it as a visitor post or private message us;
- On Twitter tag us @VanguardPhotoUK or @VanguardNature;
- On Instagram tag us @VanguardPhotoUK or @VanguardNature in the photo;
- Or e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will then compile our top 10 at the start of November from all the sites, and post them on our @VanguardPhotoUK Facebook Page for the public vote.
We will then pick the winner and two runners up from the top 5 photos based on the total number of likes.
The aim is to keep this simple and fun, but there are always rules. These may change as we run the promotion.
- The entry must clearly comply with the ongoing government rules around Covid-19;
- If the entry is of a photo that appears to break government rules, then the text must clearly explain why it is a valid entry, or it will be disqualified;
- The entry must have an Autumn theme, including photos reworked using software, but it must have been taken or significantly worked on in the competition period;
- If the entry is a previously taken photo that has been reworked by software, then the pre-worked photo(s) must be submitted as well, or be available on request;
- The shortlisted image will be copied from the post shared;
- Open to residents of UK and Ireland only;
- Entries must be received between 9am Tuesday 22nd September and midnight Saturday 31st October 2020;
- Maximum 5 entries per person in the competition period.
- Vanguard will select the shortlist at the end of the closing date and we reserve the right to increase/decrease the number of entries on the shortlist;
- The audience of @VanguardPhotoUK Facebook page will vote on their favourite entries from the shortlist over a period stated in the Facebook Post;
- Vanguard will then choose one winner and two runners up, and highlight these in a post published on the Facebook page on a date stated in the Facebook Post;
- Vanguard's decision on winning entries is final.
- Prizes will be vouchers with a cash value that can be redeemed on www.vanguardworld.co.uk;
- The winning prize will be a £100 voucher;
- Second prize will be a £50 voucher;
- Third prize will be a £25 voucher;
- Prizes must be redeemed by 31st December 2020 or they will be void;
- Voucher can only be used once. If the price of the product(s) selected is higher than the value of the voucher, the difference will need to be paid. If the value is less, the difference will be lost;
- These three entries will be published across all Vanguard UK social media;
- Winners must have a UK or Ireland delivery address when redeeming the voucher.
- By entering you are allowing Vanguard to use the image on their social media, including globally where relevant;
- It is not always possible to create a link to your page (especially across different platforms), but you will be named in the text;
- Vanguard will not retain any personal data, but this may be captured by the various 3rd party platforms (eg. Facebook).
Please note that Vanguard can decide to extend/cancel/adapt this competition at our discretion.
So that just leaves us to wish you luck with the #VanguardAutum competition and we look forward to seeing all your entries.