As we enter our second lockdown, we're keen to find ways to help you beat the boredom. In March we ran a photography that many took part in and we saw a load of great photos, so we've reworked it for this phase.
This will be a monthly competition this time, and we've upped the prizes to a £150 voucher for the winner, a second prize of a £100 voucher and the three runners up will get a £50 voucher to spend on anything on our website.
Some Of The Previous Winners
As before just share a photo that you've taken or worked on during lockdown (between 4th November and 2nd December) and share it with us on any social media platform at @VanguardPhotoUK or @VanguardNature, with the tag #BeatTheBoredom in the text and a few words about the photo/project.
- On Facebook just add it as a visitor post;
- On Twitter tag us @VanguardPhotoUK or @VanguardNature;
- On Instagram tag us @VanguardPhotoUK or @VanguardNature in the photo;
- Or e-mail it to email@example.com.
We will then compile our top 10 on Friday 4th December from all the sites and post them on our @VanguardPhotoUK Facebook Page.
Please then like your favourite photo(s) over the weekend to help us shortlist down to the top 5, and we will pick the winner from the top 5 that got the most votes on the Monday.
As well as the glory of winning and having your photo shared across our social media, we will offer a £150 voucher as first prize, a £100 voucher as second prize, and three £50 vouchers as runner up prizes. These can be redeemed on our website any time before 31st January 2021.
The aim is to keep this simple and fun, but there are always rules. These may change as we run the promotion.
- The entry must clearly comply with the government rules on lockdown;
- If the entry is of a photo that appears to break government rules, then the text must clearly explain why it is valid entry, or it will be disqualified;
- The entry can be any subject (including photos reworked using software), but it must have been taken/worked on during the lockdown before it is entered;
- If the entry is a previously taken photo that has been reworked by software, then the pre-worked photo must be submitted as well;
- Open to residents of UK and Ireland only;
- Maximum 5 entries per person.
Choosing The Winners:
- Vanguard will select the shortlist on Friday 4th December and we reserve the right to increase/decrease the number of entries on the shortlist;
- The audience of @VanguardPhotoUK Facebook will vote on their favourite entries from the shortlist over the weekend;
- Vanguard will then choose one winner and two runners up and highlight these in the post published on Monday 7th December 2020;
- Vanguard's decision on winning entries is final.
- Prizes will be vouchers with a cash value that can be redeemed on www.vanguardworld.co.uk;
- Winning prize will be a voucher for £150;
- Second prize will be a voucher for £100;
- Three runners up prizes will be a £50 voucher each;
- Prizes must be redeemed by 31st January 2021 or they will be void;
- Voucher can only be used once. If the price of the product(s) selected is higher than the value of the voucher, the difference will need to be paid. If the value is less, the difference will be lost;
- Winning entries will be published across all Vanguard UK social media;
- Winners must have a UK or Ireland delivery address when redeeming the voucher.
- By entering you are allowing Vanguard to use the image on their social media, possibly globally;
- It is not always possible to create a link to your page (especially across different platforms), but you will be named in the text wherever possible;
- Vanguard will not retain any personal data, but this may be captured by the various platforms.
Please note that this competition will run for the duration of the lockdown, but Vanguard can decide to extend/cancel/adapt this competition at our discretion.