Join the Vanguard UK team!
As part of our commitment to delivering growth, Vanguard is looking to recruit a full-time, field-based Business Development Manager who will manage a range of accounts covering photography accessories (tripods and camera bags), birdwatching (binoculars and spotting scopes) and hunting (shooting sticks).
The role will manage all aspects of selected independent dealers where Vanguard already has a relationship, building the business with new accounts and working alongside supporting the Managing Director to develop key national accounts such as Jessops.
The role is field based covering the UK, so the successful candidate would spend time covering all parts of the UK so would need to be able to stay away, potentially for several days at a time seeing customers further from home. Location is flexible, but is ideally placed M4 corridor to be able to cover the UK and will be expected to visit the head office in Christchurch (Dorset) monthly
The salary is £22-£30,000 (depending on experience), bonus, car allowance and other benefits.
Vanguard is a global brand founded in 1986 with a reputation for innovative, award-winning, quality products. With factories in China and Myanmar, Vanguard is one of the few brands that can control almost the complete value chain, through design, manufacture, market and sell. Vanguard World UK Ltd is based in Dorset and was founded in 2012 and have delivered a strong presence with key specialist dealers and Amazon, and are building the business with national brands like Jessops. For more information visit www.vanguardworld.co.uk
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Build strong, long-lasting customer relationships with new and existing accounts
- Deliver against sales and profit targets
- In-store merchandising and training
- Dealer and brand events which can last several days
- Proven work experience in sales developing new business
- Experience in creating, negotiating and implementing commercial solutions to customer needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with listening skills
- Strong influencing skills at all levels of an organization, with customers and inside Vanguard
- Solid experience with MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple account management projects
- Clean driving licence
- A passion for photography, birdwatching or shooting would be an advantage
If you are interested in applying, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org